- 2020 may just be the year the world turned upside down. However, for Travel Channel’s Expedition Bigfoot team, it was a rare moment in time when three very important sets […]
- No sooner was the mysterious Utah monolith discovered than it disappeared. What gives? Let’s break it down by what we know so far and see if we can detect any […]
- One thing we know about Larry in Come Play is that he’s the main character of the book featured in the movie: Misunderstood Monsters. And one thing we know about […]
- I showed you a preview of the prizes up for grabs in the holiday 2020 giveaway this year. I also told you the contest would start on Black Friday, November […]
- One of the things I wondered as I watched Come Play was whether or not the book in it was real: Misunderstood Monsters, A Children’s Story. If you’ve seen the […]
- Back in September, Jim from The Haunted Walk, a ghost tour company, reached out to paranormal podcasters with an invitation to try a virtual paranormal experience they had created: The […]
- Fan of Mountain Monsters? Have you been missing the show and wondering if they’d be coming back, especially after Trapper’s death? Well, they are. Mountain Monsters season 5 will premiere […]
- I’m torn on whether or not to recommend spending $20 on renting Come Play. However, before I delve into the Come Play review and why I’m conflicted, let’s first get […]
- What can you expect to see on Travel Channel from November 23 through December 6? Well, in addition to new episodes of existing shows, there’s the premiere of a new […]
- At the very least, 2020 has been rough. Pretty much it’s sucked. I know I’ve had quite a few rough patches this year, but one way to feel better is […]
Sometimes very strange things happen and we often times don’t have a camera. Here are however, events that were captured on camera.
So the question needs to be asked about these black eyed persons encounters…are these creatures demonic in nature, real life vampiric entities, dimensional travelers or what are these really? Here are real life encounters of these “things” as told by actual people.
Another Black-Eyed Person Encounter:
I live in Louisville, Kentucky. I had the encounter in the fall. My nieces and I were out shopping for some new shirts when I could feel someone looking at me from behind. I turned around to see someone with coal-black eyes looking at me.
My reaction was immediate terror and I felt like I had to get away. I think that he knew it, too. I felt like I had to look away and I did. A few moments later, something made me want to turn around and look at him to see if he was still staring at me — he was, and he was still as stone.
Just like in the other stories, there was nothing unusual about this tall, thin man except his eyes — coal-black, no white at all. I got my nieces and we left the store but while we were leaving, I felt like I couldn’t let on that there was anything wrong — even though we had not been in the store for more than ten minutes.
I wanted to run to the car, but I kept it to a fast walk, hurrying my nieces (who were small children at the time) and were wondering what was going on and why we were leaving so soon. I felt like I had to protect them from this black-eyed man.
I felt so relieved when we pulled out of the parking lot. This scared me so badly that I have never returned to this store.
Black-Eyed Encounter In London
This took place in London on the tube (London’s subway system), Jubilee line, to be exact, in September, 2012. I’ve mulled over whether to write in on this one and have decided I have to as I can’t forget the experience and I’m not likely to.
I was sitting with my boyfriend on the tube heading home after a nice dinner in central London on Friday night. We had a couple of glasses of wine, no more than that, and were feeling relaxed and comfortable, chatting away to each other.
Everything was fine until a man got on the tube and sat across and a couple of seats behind us. He then proceeded to stare, with incredible intensity at us, or really at me. This was not the normal stare of a drunk idiot checking out a girl. It was an incredible, intense, malevolent stare, and it made me more than uncomfortable.
I’ve never felt anything like it. It was unnerving and terrifying. He didn’t cease to stare the whole time we were in the carriage and the journey felt so long, it was like time slowed down. I know it sounds ridiculous — it was just a slightly odd man staring — but honestly I have never felt anything as powerful as that stare.
I wanted to get off the tube and wait for the next train, but was convinced he would follow us. My boyfriend is a big guy — a man’s man — takes no nonsense and he was furious about this guy staring. He was giving him a terrible look back, but didn’t say or do anything like I expected he would, and he actually broke eye contact.
He later said he was actually scared, too, and had also never felt anything like that. He was hoping I would suggest moving carriages.
What makes me unsure is that I remember his eyes being very dark, but I can’t say for sure whether they were completely black, as the other stories say, as I was too scared to make eye contact. Also, as we were about a stop away, his phone went off, he broke eye contact (the feeling of relief was incredible) and then started talking in a broad Cockney-type accent — very un-supernatural.
I believe it was in the middle of July, 2010. I was with my friend in her summer house. (By the way, her parents were there, too.) Her parents went out shopping and my friend was napping in our bedroom. I was playing Playstation when all of a sudden I caught movement out of the hook of my eye through a big window, right beside the TV.
I got freaked out because it was like a pale-white, medium-in-size creature that ran by into the bushes. What did I do then? I made the worst decision of my life and went outside to check it out.
The first few minutes, there was nothing. By “nothing” I mean no such things as bird whistling or stuff like that. It was really cold out, though. This was in Australia, just outside Brisbane. So I regrettably moved toward the bushes, where I started hearing a sound, like a growling of some sort.
I was a good ten feet away from the bushes when I saw the most hideous thing jump out the bushes. A pale, bald, naked man with pitch-black eyes stood right in front of me. I was in schock and couldn’t move at all. The thing had pointy ears and teeth. It did not have a nose, but two holes in the center of its face (similar to Voldemort from Harry Potter). It was growling, almost like a dog. Then it disapeared into thin air.
Then I think I passed out. Next thing I heard was the sound of my friend’s parents’ car. I got up and went inside. I didn’t know what to say, so I haven’t told anyone except you guys. I hope you know an answer to what I saw. I personally think it was a devil, but I am not a paranormal expert.
Mysterious animals seem to be popping up all over the place. And not just in remote jungles or seldom-traveled tropical waters. They are allegedly appearing in such unlikely places as Harford County, Maryland and San Antonio, Texas. Rural villages of Chile also continue to be harassed by strange creatures, some of which fit the description and modus operandiof the dreaded Chupacabras.
Scientists are routinely discovering new species of animals. An exploration of a large ice-covered pool in the Yukon Territory of the Canada Basin is finding several new species in what is believed to be the world’s oldest seawater. In May, 2004, a new species of orange-colored, mouse-like mammal was discovered in the mountains of the Philippines. A bird that researchers believe is new to science was recently found on the Indonesian island of Wangi Wangi. In August, 2004, a new kind of animal was found in Australia that an expert with the National Parks and Wildlife Service said resembled a rock wallaby, but wasn’t.
It’s quite another thing, however, when an unknown creature wanders into your backyard. But we must be cautious about jumping to the conclusion that an unidentified animal is truly unidentifiable. Such is the case with the so-called Glyndon Mystery Monster that made news in July, 2004. A strange-looking dog-like creature was spotted by several residents around Glyndon, Maryland. Jay Wroe even managed to photograph the animal in his backyard. Animal experts were unable to identify it, some saying it looked like a cross between a dog and a hyena. So they set a trap for the creature in Wroe’s yard – and actually caught the poor animal, which turned out to be a red fox with a bad case of mange.
Likewise, reports of dinosaur-like creatures reported by people driving near Arica, Chile turned out to be misidentified ostriches.
So if a fox can be labeled a monster and an ostrich can be seen as a dinosaur, we must be open-mindedly skeptical when we read about some of the other interesting sightings taking place around the globe. Maybe they are bizarre new creatures, maybe not:
• The Asheboro panther. In January, 2004 in Asheboro, North Carolina, Denise Williams was dressing her kids to go outside and play in the snow when she glanced out her window and saw a large, black, cat-like creature. She managed to videotape what she described as a panther-like animal, and representatives of the North Carolina zoo estimated that the tracks in the snow they found were made by a feline weighing 35 to 40 pounds. The videotape was too fuzzy to provide definitive identification. It was rumored that the animal might have been responsible for the death of a pet dog in the area. There were no reports of an escaped panther from any zoo, and the mystery animal was never captured.
• The Lancashire blobster. There is a rich history in the annals of Forteana of mysterious “things” washing up on shores around the world. They are often unidentifiable because they are in various stages of decomposition or have provided lunch for other sea creatures. One such unidentified “blobster” was stumbled upon by a cameraman on the Lancashire, U.K. coast while he was walking his dog in late July, 2004. The rotting carcass, which featured a long beak, puzzled park rangers, zoologists, marine and other wildlife experts. Finally, as if to get the mystery over with, the manager of an aquarium declared he was 99 percent certain it was a squid. Other “experts” weren’t so sure and offered such other possibilities as a walrus pup, a dolphin, a penguin, seal or even a platypus.
• The hairless dogoyote. Rancher Devin Macanally shot and killed an unknown animal that he says was attacking his livestock on his ranch in Elmendorf, Texas in July, 2004. Despite good photos and the actual body of the animal, it has yet to be identified. Because it was killing smaller farm animals, some wondered if this was the legendary Chupacabras. The hairless, blue-gray, 20-pound creature, which somewhat resembles a dog, may have been responsible for the disappearance of more than 40 of the rancher’s chickens. The bones of the unknown animal have been sent for DNA testing, but meanwhile, experts at the San Antonio Zoo could not identify it. The mammal curator at the zoo theorized it was “a mix between a dog and a coyote,” and admitted that its lower jaw was “not normal for any mammal.”
• The PNG Dinosaur. A formal hunt was organized by police in Papua New Guinea when several locals reported seeing a large dinosaur-like creature lumbering about in March, 2004. The villagers described the creature as being about three metres (nine feet) tall, gray in color, with a head like a dog’s and a crocodile-like tail. The hunt did not find the mysterious animal (or any ostriches).
• Dog-eating Chupacabras. In January, 2004, a 40-year-old man was scared out of his wits by a monster he encountered while driving on the road around 5 a.m. at Santa Filomena, Chile. Juan Berríos described it to reporter Scott Corrales as “a bipedal animal standing 1.50 meters tall, with hind legs like those of a kangaroo, small, curved hands ending in talons, a sharp mane like that of a porcupine running along its back, a tail with a rattle, a muzzle like that of a fierce wolf, several rows of teeth and voracious red eyes.” Most terrifying, this monster was carrying the bleeding body of what may have been a dog in its mouth.
• Chupacabras’ cousin. In August, Corrales reported on the discovery of an unidentified animal inside a doghouse belonging to Manuel Otazo in Valparaiso, Chile. According to Corrales, “Manuel Otazo explained that the animal had a small head and red fur, with large fangs, claws and hands resembling wings, different from any rodent or known domestic animal.” Otazo believed it could have been a relative of the Chupacabras.
Other Recent Animal Anomalies and Oddities:
• Fertile mules. Ask any veterinarian or zoologist and they will tell you that it is impossible for a mule to give birth. By definition, a mule (a cross between a female horse and a male donkey) is an animal bread to be sterile. Yet on June 7, 2004, in the Bhutan village of Dorikha, a golden yellow mule gave birth to a black foal. This “impossibility” is not an isolated case. In October, 2002, a mule gave birth in rural Morocco.
• Giant hog. They dubbed it “Hogzilla” – a gigantic feral hog that stretched 12 feet long and weighed in at a whopping 1,000 pounds. Chris Griffin killed the monstrous pig on his plantation in Alapaha, Georgia in July, 2004.
• Seagull attack. A retired man in Falkirk, Scotland became the victim of a flock of seagulls that seemed to really have it out for him. “James McNeish said the gulls would swoop and peck at him when he walked out of the door,” reported the Daily Record on July 13, 2004. “He also said they would stare at him through his windows.” The strange incident became more and more like Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds when the gulls began to go after children as they played in a nearby park.
EARTH MYSTERIES (more)
Crop Circles: Created by Sound? (added 6/16)
The force of sound may be a logical explanation for the previously unexplained phenomena of crop circles.
Scientific Proof of Burning in Crop Circle Plants (added 5/5)
There have been many reports over the years about possibly “burned” plants in crop formations, but in 2010 seedheads from a Dutch formation have provided scientific proof of actual burning.
GHOSTS and HAUNTINGS (more)
Tales of the Unquiet Dead (added 5/19)
Is the funeral industry shy about reporting their ghostly incidents? Here are some haunted goings-on at the funeral parlor.
Who Or What Are The Shadow People? (added 5/26)
Shadow people, also known as shadow folk or shadow beings, are usually attracted to one person or location for unknown reasons, this site says.
HUMAN MYSTERIES (more)
The Astral Plane (added 4/21)
The author tells of his remarkable discovery of the astral plane when he was a young boy in England, and then later in Connecticut.
Crystalinks: Doppelganger (added 3/17)
A doppelganger is the ghostly or in some cases, a physical double of a living person. The term has come to refer to any double or look-alike of a person, most commonly in reference to a so-called evil twin, or to bilocation.
Vampires and Disease (added 5/19)
This monster did not keep a polite distance; he was a friend, a neighbor or husband. He was a corpse who returned from the grave to kill.
LIFE AFTER DEATH and REINCARNATION (more)
How to Run A Home Séance (added 5/5)
Does mediumistic ability exist within the circle of your family and friends? Here is how you may find it and put it to work.
What Happens During a Life Review? (added 3/17)
This study is a review of 319 NDErs responses to questions about the near-death experience and the life review, changed beliefs, life changes, and universal order/purpose.
LOST WORLDS and MYSTERIOUS CIVILIZATIONS (more)
Ancient American Artifacts (added 4/14)
Video: Fascinating evidence in the form of artifacts from northern Michigan that provide evidence of European habitation of North America long before Columbus.
MAD SCIENTISTS and WEIRD SCIENCE (more)
Anti-Gravity Machines, Devices, Propulsion and Research (added 5/19)
Here you will find information on anti-gravity inventions, machines, perpetual motion inventions, and much more related to anti-gravity technology.
MYSTICS, PROPHETS and PROPHECIES (more)
The Occult World of CG Jung (added 7/23)
How a near-death experience transformed the psychologist’s attitude to the world of mysticism and magic.
OUIJA BOARD and DIVINATION (more)
Ouija Board – A History (added 6/9)
This article examines the Ouija’s origins, its paranormal aspects, the psychological angle, and more.
PARANORMAL BASICS (more)
The Bent Spoon Magazine (added 6/9)
This online magazine in PDF format labels itself as “the skeptical magazine for the true believer,” and includes Q&As between those with opposing viewpoints, interviews with investigators and thinkers, and articles critical of believers and skeptics alike.
PLANETARY and LUNAR ANOMALIES (more)
Mars Fossil Images (added 5/26)
This site presents several photos taken by the Mars rovers that show objects that look very much like fossils found on Earth.
NASA’s Anomalies Above the Moon (added 6/9)
This YouTube video is a compilation of NASA film taken by the Apollo missions that include anomalies on and around the moon. Some are rather intriguing.
PSYCHIC PHENOMENA (more)
10 Ways to Develop Psychic Abilities (added 6/16)
Everyone has some psychic tendencies, this site says. We are all born with psychic abilities, but society conditions us to hide them. Here are 10 ways to improve your psychic abilities.
Psychic Spies (added 4/7)
Whatever happened to America’s remote viewers? To understand what has happened to remote viewing since the death of the programme, it helps to understand why the programme was killed.
Psychic Test (added 5/26)
This site presents several different visual tests you can try to see if you might have some psychic ability.
RELIGIOUS MYSTERIES and MIRACLES (more)
The Apparition at Knock Ireland, 1879 (added 5/5)
The apparition was like a three-dimensional, life-like sculpture that never moved, like a well done holographic projection.
What Is a Demon? (added 4/21)
Demonology is a hot topic in Fortean circles currently. But what is a demon? There are various theories by various experts with varied world views.
TIME-DIMENSION TRAVEL (more)
Train Ride to a Parallel Dimension (added 11/18)
A fascinating tale and analysis of a woman who had a bizarre experience traveling in Scotland. When she stepped off of her train, did she enter a time warp?
WEIRD CREATURES and MONSTERS (more)
Bownessie (added 4/7)
No one is sure if the sightings of strange creatures in the lake over the years are linked, but they are treated that way by those who have witnessed the “lake monster”.
Congo: Mystery Beasts from the Heart of Darkness (added 4/21)
There a number of other lesser known mystery animals with allegedly dinosaurian identities from in and around the Congo basin region.
Top 20 Bigfoot Sightings (added 6/16)
This article should more properly be called the “Top 20 Bigfoot Sightings on Video” since they are all fairly recent, except for the Patterson-Gimlin film. They vary in quality.
Unexplained events and paranormal experiences
A haunted history lesson
Atchison group makes film about The Sallie House. Several people pass by a little two-story house on North Second Street in Atchison every day. What’s surprising is how few people know about all of the bizarre things that have allegedly happened there…
The healing power of prayer?
Health and religion have always been intertwined, most obviously through prayer on behalf of the sick. Does intercessory prayer for sick people actually help heal them? For thousands of years some people have believed so. But new Brandeis University research in the Journal of Religion this month shows that over the last four decades, medical studies of intercessory prayer—the prayer of strangers at a distance—actually say more about the scientists conducting the studies than about the power of prayer to heal…
Chile: What the Devil…?
“What the devil is in this photo?” The text goes on to say: Rosa Araya says that the only thing she did was take a photo of her nephews in the backyard of her house in Montegrande to finish a roll of film. Upon developing the roll, she became aware of two things. She had only focused on the boys’ heads and that some strange luminous dots forming a sort of saucer appeared over the skies of Valle de Elqui. Ufologist Patricio Diaz, when consulted by the “El Dia” newspaper, dismissed the possibility that the image was a hoax…
Witches’ coven claims religious persecution after church hall ban
A coven of witches is accusing the Roman Catholic church of religious persecution after being banned from using a parish social centre for a Halloween gathering…
C2C guest blows it on Patterson-Gimlin
One of the painful things about surveying the cryptozoological field is to watch people that should know better misrepresent facts, conjectures, and theories. As usual, one of the worst minefields is the Roger Patterson-Bob Gimlin footage of an apparent Bigfoot taken on October 20, 1967, in Bluff Creek, California. Sometimes people just say too much about the footage, without any firm foundation in what they are uttering. It is as if the sandbar at Bluff Creek has turned into a bit of verbal quicksand for some folks…
Huge pre-Stonehenge complex found via “crop circles”
Given away by strange, crop circle-like formations seen from the air, a huge prehistoric ceremonial complex discovered in southern England has taken archaeologists by surprise. A thousand years older than nearby Stonehenge, the site includes the remains of wooden temples and two massive, 6,000-year-old tombs that are among “Britain’s first architecture,” according to archaeologist Helen Wickstead, leader of the Damerham Archaeology Project…
Charity night in haunted house turns Wrexham friends into ghost believers
Hour upon hour of ghostly goings on proved very successful in raising hundreds of pounds for the special baby care unit at Wrexham Maelor Hospital. A group of friends from the Wrexham area – Claire Westhead, Kurtis Baines, Michael Griffiths and Leanne Westhead – decided to stay overnight at Plas Teg, near Mold, which has a reputation as one of the most haunted buildings in Wales, and were sponsored by friends and family to the tune of £383. They said their time spent at the imposing country house was a very spooky occasion with several incidents taking place.
Clooney hires psychic to contact dead pig
George Clooney has hired to psychic to help him contact his beloved potbellied pig Max, who died in 2006. George reportedly told a friend: “The psychic told me Max had a great life with me. He is very happy in spirit and still hangs out with me sometimes. “I am not sure she was telling the truth but I do want to believe her.”..
Slapper: The phantom of Akalai Flats/La Valentina
Paul Dale Roberts: Cathy Orange meets me at a very unusual spot. She tells me to meet her at Safeway, she has a story for me, plus she has to get her grocery shopping done. I follow Cathy Orange down the aisles, as she selects coffee, cheeses, variety of meats, bread, cucumbers, cereals and everything else that she can fit into her basket. She tells me that she was waiting for the light rail at 9pm on 12th Street between D and E Streets in Sacramento. This is known as Akalai Flats/La Valentina. While waiting, she was slapped in the face by an unknown force…
The invisible Porcupine Man of Sedona, Arizona
Beautiful Sedona, Arizona …there was one night while I was up there, I was attacked by something invisible. I felt like something was shooting me with quills. My body had red botch marks all over. I feel like I was attacked by an invisible porcupine…
I think most of us are familiar with the concept of the guardian angel, who stays with you throughout your life on earth, guiding you and shielding you from danger and harm. Some mediums believe most of us have spirit guides, known as “Doorkeepers”, that stay with an individual from a time prior to birth right through to the afterlife and beyond. Whether that is true I cannot say, but over the years I have collected many accounts of a mysterious benevolent force preventing death and injury in the lives of people, and here are just a couple of these intriguing cases…
Caught on camera: Is this eerie caveman image Britain’s oldest ghost?
Britain’s oldest ghost appears to have been caught on camera at the country’s most ancient inhabited site. The ‘spook’ was snapped in a prehistoric cave at Kent’s Cavern in Torquay, Devon, looming from a wall and surrounded by an eerie mist. In the image, taken by a tourist, the ghostly face of the caveman seems to hover in mid air staring in to the distance…
Study proves planets impact animal behavior
No one who owns one doubts the family pooch exhibits personality traits that seem remarkably human at times. Is there a way to rationally explain this? Incredibly, a new book describing the original and unusual research pursuits of award-winning French scientist Suzel Fuzeau-Braesch presents rigorous proof that man and animals — specifically pedigreed pups and cloned cows — are behaviorally impacted by where the major planets turn up in their astrological birth charts!
Some people have accused me of Misanthropy;
And yet I know no more than the mahogany
That forms this desk, of what they mean;-Lycanthropy
I comprehend, for without transformation
Men become wolves on any slight occasion.
– Lord Byron
Werewolves. People who shapeshift into howling, bloodthirsty wolves by the light of the full moon. As Lord Byron noted, this affliction is also known as lycanthropy. It’s a superstition that dates back centuries and has been popularized by books of fiction and dozens of films. Virtually every culture on the planet has lore and traditions of were-creatures.
But is there any truth to the werewolf legend?
In medical terms, lycanthropy is applied to people who suffer from the delusion that they transform into wolves. And physically there is a genetic condition called hypertrichosis in which a person, male or female, is mostly or even entirely covered in thick dark hair. All 32 members of the Aceves family in Mexico have this rare condition, for example. Some of them have become skilled acrobats and travel with a circus. Fajardo Aceves Jesus Manuel even bills himself as “Wolfman.” The family is currently under study by The Center of Biomedical Research in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Undoubtedly, throughout the centuries people with this genetic disorder have inspired the werewolf legend. In times past, they would have been shunned by society, even cast out by their own families. We can imagine that they would have sought refuge in the forests, surviving as best they could, like primitives… or animals… perhaps even killing to stay alive.
These tragic circumstances are a far cry from the werewolf tradition, however, in which a human literally transforms into a wolf.
So again we ask, is there any truth to the werewolf legend? There have been reports.
The Ohio Man Dog
On August 27, 2005, a truck driver named Scott called into the Coast to Coast radio show and told host Ian Punnett of his strange sighting. While driving, his truck’s headlights illuminated a strange scene: some kind of beast was crouched on the side of the road eating a deer. He described it as looking like a cross between “an ape with a dog’s head” and the werewolf from the horror film Van Helsing.
The Beast of Wisconsin and Michigan
In her book The Beast of Bray Road, Tailing Wisconsin’s Werewolf, Linda Godfrey chronicles the many encounters with The Dog Man, a werewolf-like creature that has been seen in the backwoods of northern Michigan and Wisconsin at least since 1936.
- In 1938, a man named Robert Fortney of Cadillac, Michigan encountered a werewolf-like creature near Paris in Mecosta County, according to an April 25, 1987 article in the Record-Eagle by reporter Sheila Wissner: “Fear gripped Robert Fortney as he shot and killed one of five dogs that lunged at him as he stood on the banks of the Muskegon River in 1938. But fear escalated to cold terror as the only dog that didn’t run off reared up on its hind legs and stared at Fortney with slanted, evil eyes and the hint of a grin.”
- Another story comes second-hand from an old lumberman. Two of his friends had been fishing on Claybank Lake late one day. They spotted something swimming in the water, which they at first thought was a coon hound that one of them owned. As the creature neared, however, they saw that it had a dog’s head but the body of a man! According to the tale, the fishermen had to actually beat the creature away with their oars to prevent it from climbing into their boat.
The Beast of Gévaudan
A ferocious, man-killing animal terrorized south-central France in the mid-1760s. It was described as looking like a wolf, but of enormous proportions (the size of a donkey or cow), leading villagers to speculate that it was more than a mere wolf, rather a werewolf – a loup-garou. The huge creature was responsible for many gruesome deaths, children and adults alike. Those who fought it with guns and knives said it seemed impervious to weapons.
The beast’s attacks became so terrible and frequent that King Louis XV sent a troop of light cavalry to the area to slay it, but it always escaped, despite being wounded. A large reward was offered for the creature’s death, and finally in June 1767, a group of hunters set off after it. One of them, Jean Chastel, managed to shoot it directly in the heart… using silver bullets. The Beast of Gévaudan was dead. (Source: Unexplained! by Jerome Clark)
Hellhound or Werewolf
In August, 2003 I received this story from a reader:
“This really happened to my friend. She said that about four years ago her cat wanted to go out because her litter box was broken, so they took the cats out to use the ‘bathroom.’ Her yard is very long and at the end are woods, so she took her cat to the woods to use the bathroom, when she heard a growl. She looked up to see two red eyes staring at her in the woods, and her cat hissed and jumped out of her arms and ran into the woods. Then she heard it scream. When she heard that, she was frozen with fear and then the thing started to run after her. She forced herself to run, so she started to run with all her might. She looked back to see what it was. She explained that it had a hound’s face with a big body; its front legs were longer than the back ones, and it ran like a gorilla. She finally got to her porch and ran inside, then she slammed the door shut and looked out. It was gone. Some say it was a hellhound or a werewolf.”
Other miscellaneous facts:
- England’s King John (reign, 1199-1216), a most unpopular monarch, was thought by the citizenry to be a werewolf. This was no doubt a demonization of a ruler they detested. Some time after his death, monks claimed to hear noises from his tomb, furthering the werewolf legend. They dug up his body and relocated it to unconsecrated ground.
- According to a medieval cleric, you can become a werewolf by stripping naked under a full moon and rolling around in sand.
- In 1682 in Fahrenholz, Germany, several people were accused of being able to transform themselves into wolves and were put on trial.
- Some researchers contend that modern sightings of werewolves might actually be of another cryptozoological creature: Bigfoot.
Wagner the Wehr-Wolf
Do I have a werewolf ancestor? In 1846, a short book (of fiction, supposedly), known as a penny dreadful, entitled Wagner the Werewolf or Wagner the Were-Man was written by George W. Reynolds, a contemporary of Charles Dickens and William Makepeace Thackeray, and at the time more widely read that either of them. According to the “story,” Wagner was a German peasant who entered a pact with the devil, thereby gaining eternal life. The only catch was that he would become a werewolf every seven years. This also resulted in a series of supernatural adventures, with the beautiful murderess Nisida at his side. Ultimately, he gained salvation from some passing Rosicrucians.
Werewolves: A Field Guide to Shapeshifters, Lycanthropes, and Man-Beasts is a great book to find out much more about these legendary beasts of the night. With so many accounts through-out history of Werewolves, could there indeed be truth to these creatures?
In a previous post I promised I’d explain what my buddies reactions were to our short “investigation” down in the cellar where I had explained to him about the brief sightings of the shadowy figure and the sensation of being touched by someone or something that wasn’t there. Not to mention the two kittens that had died in that very same cellar for no good reason at all. And a few other incidences that occurred down there.
We had went down in the cellar this past Sunday afternoon (Feb. 1), my buddy brought his EMF meter (yes, I am well aware of the implications using that with electrical conduits etc., in the cellar) and swept the area. In 3 distinct spots where there were NO nearby electrical wires, outlets etc., present, the meter went from .01 up to .05 in one spot. Then from .02 to .04 in the 2nd.
In the 3rd spot, the meter just started to jump all over the place. I personally had said out loud for any entity or presence to please give a sign on the meter that it was indeed in our presence. Within 10 seconds or so, my friends meter started to jump all over the scale and then made the audible alert come on and also made the LED light up to indicate that the meter was pegged up to the highest end of the scale. My friend then said his entire right side of his body (which if it was there, the “entity” would have been on his right side.) started feeling like he was standing in a walk-in freezer.
I called out one more time for this “entity” to please give us one more indication it was indeed there by doing something we could see or hear. The meter again lit up its LED indicator and the audible warning went off. Now, the seconds before, my friend had used the meters sensor wand and swept the SAME area…no visible readings, then the meters alarm went off as well as the LED indicator when I had called out loud for another indication of its presence.
We did not however try for any EVPs unfortunately. I wish we would have…I personally would have been very interested to hear any results on that one!
Keep in mind that the video below is full of supposably unedited footage of various incidents at peoples houses of poltergiest activity and demonic activity. There’s several pieces of footage that will show objects moving by themselves, caught on camera when noone was around. I will definitly say one thing: if these incidents were real, then all I can is, “wow!”. But, as with some of these supposed haunting cases…there are people out there that will go to great lengths to fake these type of cases just to gain fame.
Watch carefully from the minute points in this vid of 3:10 to 3:49 of this little girl at the table. Again, I’m not claiming this was real, watch carefully and draw your own conclusion here. One perticulary strange segment starts at time frame 5:31 to 7:18 and really does make you wonder about the validity of this one. Once again, watch it through and see for yourself. And keep in mind that this type of activity is very real too.