Vesuvian Curse, Asteroid Life, Killer Beetle and More Mysterious News Briefly — October 12, 2020
Multiple ‘Water Bodies’ Found Under Surface Of Mars The IndependentIt’s not life, just liquid water. Liquid water can mean anything in the same measure as phosphines in Venus’s upper atmosphere could mean anything! So check out Andrew Griffin’s scoop and contemplate the available data. As for our other neighbor, many greyfaces are scrambling to raise the doubt signal like the dynamic duo of John Stonestreet and Shane Morris who have something to say about Life On Venus And Why ‘Settled Science’ Is Often Hot Air. Who said anything about the phosphines in Venus’s atmosphere being settled science anyway? Even us woo-peddlers at The Anomalist appreciate more observations are necessary to eliminate the possibility of noise and false positives. On the positive side, they do make a case for some scientific announcements being blown out of proportion. Speaking of hot air and blowing, did you catch wind of the The Case Of The Disappearing Planet? If there was any life on there, it had better develop space travel if it wants to survive its catastrophic circumstances. Not every ball of mud in the cosmos is Edenic, and Rick Robinson has a few words to say in his elegy. (CS)
Why Does Science Embrace The “Talking Animals” Myth? Mind MattersDo critters communicate with each other? What about with humans? A recent paper suggests it’s a strong possibility, but Denyse O’Leary has some strong questions about the study and its conclusions, while entertaining the possibilities with regard to true animal intelligence. Of course it’s a bit of fun having science catch up with what animal lovers have known all along. Keeping with the theme, George Dvorsky reckons Magic Tricks Can Help Us Better Understand Animal Intelligence. Searching the YouTubes, there’s a plethora of videos showing humans wowing apes and dogs, but do these simple interactions illustrate something greater about their capacity to perceive and interact with the world? If so, this could help explain The Evolutionary Origins Of Consciousness. Ralph Lewis urges you to join him in the Wayback Machine to apprehend the ancient beginnings of subjective experience before mammals were even on the drawing board. (CS)
A Letter from Lynn Catoe, April 9, 1968 Not an Authority on Anything”Riots, racism, and viruses, all from 1968″ are contained in the last letter John Keel site manager Doug Skinner will post from the Keel/Catoe correspondence. A first-person account of the background difficult times through which they, and some of us, lived–and perspective perhaps for coping with our present experience. Regarding that last, Al Mercy (1) begins two chapters from an unfinished Keelian spy novel for “some diversion in these troubled times.” In this first installment we accompany “dashing hero” and WWII secret agent Al Mercy as he parachutes onto a tiny island containing a nudist colony and a General Whom He Must Kill. In Al Mercy (2) Mercy meets up with whom we’re pretty certain is his female contact in this endeavor. “It’s pretty silly,” says Doug, but it does give a sense of Keel’s other literary work–and maybe a needed smile or two. (WM)
Utah Man Steals Truck for Alien Encounter, but Felt Bad and Returned It KMYUPeople react to UFOs in different ways, and this first case is one of the strangest. The man claims he needed “to get on a flight with alien diplomats.” Now he’s in the Utah County jail. In a second instance, a man tried to avoid an alien encounter, as reported in Chile: 100 Kilometer Car Chase Involved UFO. Though “the driver felt very tense” during this long pursuit, the anonymous individual apparently took “several photographs” of the supposedly pursuing object. This next person couldn’t do anything more than take a photograph of a ‘UFO’ with Flames Spotted over Worcestershire, UK. Steven Collins has the image and particulars from the astronomer who snapped the photo. (WM)
A good site I recommend that covers many topics of the paranormal and other interests related.
Click the source link below for more:
For all of todays news, click below for a run down of what’s happening in the world of the Paranormal.
- We confess: Brent Swancer’s headline made this a go-to read. It certainly is an odd story, which brought out some “sort […]
- USPS Employee Reports Seven-Foot-Tall, Red-Eyed Creature at O’Hare International Airport – Singular ForteanAmidst the strangeness of 2020 and its so-called “New Normal,” it is oddly comforting to know some things are still predictably […]
- Two considerations of James Fox’ new documentary The Phenomenon, sandwiching around a response solicitation. Adrian Horton’s review is remarkably straightforward and […]
- The headline foreshadows four vigorous Nick Redfern opinion pieces. Nick firstly capstones previous Redfern offerings detailing examples of UFO community gullibility […]
“We’ve never seen anything like this before.”— Joe Lewandowski, Spokesperson, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Denver, Colorado“Many of the Valarde birds have little to no fat, many are underweight, and there’s not a lot of external signs that they have been inhaling a lot of smoke.” — Jenna McCullough, Ornithology Ph.D. student, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- We confess: Brent Swancer’s headline made this a go-to read. It certainly is an odd story, which brought out some “sort of” supporting accounts when it was publicized five years after the encounter happened. Brent then gives us A UFO Crash in Brazil, A Mysterious Letter, and Pieces of an Alien Spaceship. Brent’s introductory treatment of this important case should be supplemented by Jerome Clark’s Ubatuba Residue; Dr. Peter Sturrock’s Composition Analysis of the Brazil Magnesium; and the Scientific […]
- USPS Employee Reports Seven-Foot-Tall, Red-Eyed Creature at O’Hare International Airport – Singular ForteanAmidst the strangeness of 2020 and its so-called “New Normal,” it is oddly comforting to know some things are still predictably ABnormal, like flying humanoids in Chicago. The most recent report comes from a postal service employee leaving the airport’s mail sorting depot at shift’s end. What she encountered in the dark parking lot far exceeded anything she could have imagined, her experience later being validated by her partner and co-worker. With this in mind, we turn to Nick […]
- Two considerations of James Fox’ new documentary The Phenomenon, sandwiching around a response solicitation. Adrian Horton’s review is remarkably straightforward and measured, absent generic dismissive statements of debunkers so typical of mainstream media UFO-related treatments. This prompts The Guardian to ask readers Is the Flying Saucer the Best Shape for a Spaceship? Some of the answers reflect and perhaps surpass the anomalousness of the subject. And in “The Phenomenon” – Reflections on James Fox’s New UFO Documentary (Part 1) […]
- The headline foreshadows four vigorous Nick Redfern opinion pieces. Nick firstly capstones previous Redfern offerings detailing examples of UFO community gullibility at the hands of “saucer spies” (see Nick’s book on that subject On the Trail of the Saucer Spies, published by Anomalist Books, which covers part of their antics). In the present effort Nick expounds upon the purpose of the decades-long manipulation, in the process demolishing the “Serpo” hoax and suggesting a possible real, but chilling, UFO actuality […]
- Here, translated from the French, we have a story from almost a century ago of a Nessie-like creature photographed from an airplane flying near the island of Hormuz, on route from Iran to France. Considering how unexpected the encounter was, the witness demonstrated incredible composure, capturing an image very worthy of discussion even by today’s jaded standards. More recently, we have an account of a Possible Ogopogo Sighting Reported out of British Columbia. The video recorded of what appears […]
- Some recent imagery of odd things in the sky are headed by this still image, apparently from a daylight video whose included address went nowhere. Then there’s Mexico: Alleged UFO Over Villa de Cloete, with a backstory reflecting the reaction so many in the world are having at the current time to weird things. From a couple years back and farther South we have Costa Rica: Anomalous Object Over San Isidro de Heredia. In the States, Chris Coleman reports […]
- The three latest installments in this Micah Hanks podcast series evince what Hanks properly terms “intent behind every episode.” First up: what’s known and what’s variously alleged about “Soviet space missions that went horribly wrong.” Sometime it’s challenging to keep score and differentiate between fact and fable, echoing this still more-than-murky subject. But the program covers a lot of ground, is backed by easily accessed references, and gets very creepy at times. Next: a very murky topic in The […]
- As if the pandemic isn’t crazy enough, Paul Seaburn dials it up to 11 with his coverage of social media, COVID-19, and magick with a ‘k’. Ignoring how 45’s hubris turned the White House into a super-spreader event, like your mom, there are other strange factors and attractors piquing interest. And there’s more Halloween magic as Tim Binnall hears about a Man Accused Of Vandalizing Cemetery In Attempt To Resurrect His Grandmother. (CS)– Delivered by Feed43 service
- Could this discovery be another nail in the coffin of the “Out-Of-Africa” hypothesis? While there may be older yet to be found on the dark continent, the writer at Heritage Daily notes this particular species is especially hardy and adaptive. With that tidbit in mind, Albert McKeon’s pronouncement how The History Of Human Evolution Is Complicated, Despite New Findings has a firm footing. It’s not just new fossils adding detail to humanity’s tapestry, but the ghost DNA woven into […]
- Is this a marketing gimmick for a new line of SUVs, or might the Ford Motor Company have more than a passing interest in cryptozoology? James Ward has the details on this opportunity for weirdos like us hoping to finally reveal the truth behind cryptids. Perhaps someone should tell Ford they should broaden the search to the UK as Britain’s Top Big Cat Tracker Claims UK Has A Healthy Leopard Population despite the pandemic. Rhoda Watkins lets Joseph Laws […]
- 2 accounts of black clad entities that smile back at the witnesses. Are these harbingers, foretelling a death or disaster. What do you think?I recently received the following accounts:Salt River, Arizona: “I used to see a lot of things when I was a kid…all the time. When I was about 9 or so I was in my grandma’s room, which was at the end of the hall. I was walking down the hallway back into the living […]
- A Florida girl and her friend encounter a male deer that stands on it back legs and hops across the road. After many years, she is still troubled by what she saw.I recently came across this interesting account:”I’ve never shared my story, as I’m not sure what it was. I don’t live anywhere near a reservation; I live in Florida. I cannot think of any rational explanation for what I saw. I am wondering if I may […]
- 2 terrifying incidents with cryptid canines in Quebec, Canada. Both very close encounters in which each witness got a clear view of the beasts.I recently came across the following encounter reports:”An old friend and I saw a dogman in the Centre écologique Fernand-Seguin in Chateauguay in Quebec, Canada. It was the summer of 2008, if my memory is correct.During a late evening hike with my friend in the park, like around 9-10 pm, we begin to be […]
- A man in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan hears a nearby whooping sound and then, later that night, there are loud thumps on the outside wall of the house. Was it Bigfoot?The following account was recently forwarded to me:”This happened last week at my family’s homestead in the Keweenaw Peninsula of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan (1st week of October 2020). I spent the past couple of weeks taking saunas and up keeping my family’s property.On the […]
- A trail cam video from western Alberta, Canada was recently released. Could this be an actual Bigfoot?This is a recently released trail cam video from a rural area in western Alberta, Canada. Four cameras were installed in the forest to keep tracks of the movement of wild wolves. The biologist who was working on this project did not expect to capture this image.It was speculated by people that it could have been a bear, but the upper […]
- 2 close encounter accounts, one with a Bigfoot and her offspring. The other is a wing-humanoid. Both witness ‘felt’ a sense of ‘warning’ before they realized what they were looking at.The following accounts were recently sent to me:“My ex and I were driving along a dirt road in Claysprings, Arizona. It was a nice day so we were driving along then I looked out the window I seen a hairy thing. What I noticed was its feet. […]
- In her latest Instagram post, Demi Lovato says she spent the past few days in Joshua Tree National Park with Dr. Steven Greer. Greer is “one of the world’s foremost authorities on the subject of UFOs, ET intelligence, and initiating peaceful contact with ET civilization,” per his Instagram bio. He is also the developer of the CE5 Contact app, which purportedly helps users make “peaceful contact with extraterrestrial civilizations as well as locating others in your area who are interested in making contact.” Along with posting video and pictures of mysterious UFO […]
- On Halloween, 1983 in Amarillo, Texas, Sister Tadea Benz, a 76-year-old nun was brutally raped, murdered and mutilated post-mortem by an unknown subject. Left behind at the scene was an overwhelming amount of evidence. Witnesses spotted a dark-skinned man hiding behind some trees near the scene of the crime, a convent, around the time of the murder but Amarillo police had no suspects to arrest. Amarillo residents were horrified and put a lot of pressure on the cops to arrest someone and that’s just what they did. Living near the crime scene […]
- Sleep is considered to be a time of calm and relaxation. Most of us are drifting from our waking lives into repetitive cycles of deep, non-REM sleep, accompanied by dream-filled, fast-eye-movement (REM) sleep. But when the boundaries of these three phases of excitement become distorted, sleep can be very scary. In fact, some sleep disorders seem more at home in horror films than in your bedroom. Exploding Head Syndrome People suffering from this are awoken an hour or two after falling asleep by a loud noise from their mind. Ranging from a […]
- OSIRIS-REx is currently preparing to take rock samples from the asteroid Bennu. The Anomalien.com website will broadcast the landing live. The representative of the aerospace corporation Lockheed Martin Beth Buck said that the results of the operation carried out by the probe will be known only after two days. The probe landing maneuver on the asteroid will begin on Tuesday. First, a rod with a device will be deployed, designed for soil sampling. This maneuver will be broadcast live. The automated station OSIRIS-Rex, which arrived at the asteroid, has been in its […]
- Coincidence or not but within several days a similar UFO has been captured near Palm Springs in California and over a rural area in Korea, reports ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com. There is not too much information on the sighting in Korea, only that the photographer captured the object on October 16, 2020, but the photographer who captured the object near Mount Jan Jacinto, Palm Springs, California several days earlier, on October 13, 2020, states: “I always wonder how with modern technology we get all these horrible recordings of UFOs until today when I witnessed my […]
- We spoke about their experiences with Ouija boards with real people. Their personal experiences are going to make you question reality. My first mistake was calling a spirit a “coward” My friend had mentioned that she had one, so I asked her to pull the board out so I could check it out. At first she said no, but then agreed to do it as long as she didn’t have to participate. After she had the board set up I asked “Is there anyone in here”….nothing. So, being a dumb teenager I […]
- From the fall of 1988 until June of 1989, peaceful Saitama Prefecture in Japan was rocked to its core by four horrific murders. All of the victims were young girls, none were older than seven, all died gruesome deaths, and all were killed by an unassuming young man named Miyazaki Tsutomu. Miyazaki was born to a prosperous family, where, by all reports, he felt constantly alienated. A consistent underachiever, he attacked both his mother and his elder sister at various times, and after the death of his grandfather, the only person he […]
- Scientists have found the simplest amino acid glycine on Venus, which may indicate the presence of life on the planet. This is stated in an article by Arijita Manna of Midnapur College in West Bengal, published on the arXiv portal. The element was found using the Atacama Large Antenna Array. The radio telescope has detected a characteristic glycine absorption line at a frequency of 261.87 GHz in the middle latitudes of the planet. The signal was most pronounced near the equator, it was not observed near the poles. “In astrophysics, chemical physics […]
- The panic around the epidemic, which has lasted for almost a year, does not even think to subside. The second wave of coronavirus is approaching. According to various forecasts, it will be more dangerous. At the moment, almost 40 million people have been infected with the coronavirus, of which 1.11 million have died. The mortality rate is not at a high level, however, according to the prediction of the Iranian Salman Salehigudarz, the virus will kill half of the world’s population. At least several billion people will die, according to the optimistic […]
- On two separate occasions, three Orbs from which two of them flew right overhead a car, as well as a weird cluster of Orbs or maybe it was one giant UFO, were captured in the sky over New York. The first event occurred on October 14, 2020 when a cluster of orbs or maybe one giant UFO mothership appeared in the sky over Syracuse, New York, reports ufosightingshotspot.blogspot.com. The lights all stayed together hovering in 1 spot in the sky. The second event occurred on October 17, 2020 when 1 big Orb […]
- Phenomenacon: Attend the World’s First Online Paranormal Conference, Featuring Your Favorite Paranormal TV StarsWith the onset of a global pandemic causing the shutdown of fan conventions all over the world, it was only a matter of time before the cancellations hit the paranormal world. Over the last month, dozens of the biggest paracons have (wisely) pushed their dates into late 2020 or cancelled them entirely, but the disappearance […] The post Phenomenacon: Attend the […]
- Groundbreaking Paranormal Documentary Series “Hellier” Returns with Ten Haunting Episodes of Appalachian MysteryThere’s something strange moving through Kentucky like a virus, twisting through the Mammoth Cave system and hovering in the skies above the Appalachian Mountains. While might catch glimpses of this intelligence in grainy UFO videos, reports of strange creatures lurking rural backroads, or encounters with strange Men in Black, these are only masks. The true […] The post Groundbreaking Paranormal Documentary […]
- Travel Channel’s “Haunted Salem: Live” Features the “Paranormal Dream-Team” in Live, Four-Hour Ghost HuntTravel Channel is kicking off Halloween season on October 4th with a very special live event that brings together more of the network’s top paranormal stars than you can count on one hand. In Haunted Salem: Live, ghost hunters from five of the biggest paranormal shows join forces for a live, four-hour investigation of an […] The post Travel Channel’s “Haunted […]
- For most of us, ignoring the strange people on the subway is second nature, but if you ever find yourself in the tunnels below New York City and you notice a bearded man in a bright green pointy hat and matching robe, you should probably go talk to him. You see, he’s a real life […] The post Meet Devin Person, […]
- Euphomet Podcast Returns with Eight New Episodes and Fascinating Documentary Video Series on June 11On June 11th, the critically acclaimed documentary podcast series Euphomet returns for a second season, featuring eight new episodes exploring astonishing supernatural lives and a partnership with Planet Weird to distribute video vignettes on their popular youtube channel. Host Jim Perry embeds himself once again with individuals whose lives have been transformed by the anomalous, […] The post Euphomet Podcast Returns […]
- The Conjuring of Bigfoot: The Forgotten Case File Detailing the Time Lorraine Warren Met Sasquatch in TennesseeFamed ghost-chasers Ed and Lorraine Warren are best-known for their terrifying cases involving demonic dolls named Annabelle and (maybe) assisting in the Enfield Poltergeist case, but there’s one strange tale you won’t ever see in The Conjuring films: the time Lorraine met Bigfoot. It was announced this morning that Lorraine Warren, 92, died peacefully in […] The post The Conjuring of […]
- The Psychomanteum: How an Ancient Tool for Contacting the Dead is Making Breakthroughs in Paranormal InvestigationOn the latest episode of Travel Channel’s Kindred Spirits, Amy Bruni & Adam Berry investigate a mysterious haunted mirror in Gettysburg’s famed Farnsworth House. With help from haunted object experts Greg & Dana Newkirk, the paranormal investigators use the object to construct an ancient device meant to contact the dead: the psychomanteum. Whether using tarot during investigations, performing […] The post The Psychomanteum: How […]
- Acclaimed Paranormal Podcast Euphomet Returns with OBSCURA, Covering Unreleased Tales of the UnexplainedEuphomet, the critically acclaimed audio documentary podcast series featuring true paranormal radio diaries adds a new complimentary show to its feed on Tuesday, February 5th with the launch of Euphomet OBSCURA. The new weekly series will feature poignant, unreleased documentary tape from Euphomet Season One as well as host Jim Perry’s travelogue, detailing unheard stories […] The post Acclaimed Paranormal Podcast […]
- The Estes Method: How the Groundbreaking SB7 Spirit Box Experiment is Changing Paranormal InvestigationFor the last two decades, ghost hunters have relied on a fairly unchanging bag of tools, but a new parapsychological experiment is shaking up the field with jaw dropping results. After appearances in Travel Channel’s Kindred Spirits and Planet Weird’s Hellier, The Estes Method, sometimes called the SB7 Spirit Box Experiment, is changing the way […] The post The Estes Method: […]
- History Channel’s “Project Blue Book” Press Kit is a Tribute to J. Allen Hynek, Loaded With Incredible UFO Easter EggsHistory Channel’s Project Blue Book is scaring up lots of viewers with a highly polished Hollywood version of Dr. J. Allen Hynek’s work investigating UFOs, but they aren’t just making waves on tv – they’re killing the promo game with an incredible press kit. Anyone who works in the media, particularly when it comes to entertainment reviews, will […] The post History Channel’s “Project […]
- Megaplatanos is a small village situated an hour and a half drive just outside the city of Athens, Greece. Like most Greek villages, it is home to mainly shepherds and farmers that toil in the fields and mountains from dawn to dusk. On September 2nd, 1990, around 9 at night, half a dozen strange lights
- Taking a break from our usual articles, we’re posting a fictional short story sent to us by our friend William P. Robertson from TheHorrorHaven.com. Enjoy! WIDE SPOT IN THE ROAD Gus Carlson reined his team of horses to a halt. Staring ahead down the desolate one-lane forest track, he could feel his scalp tingle as
- September 27, 1934, Spain. The building on Gascón de Gotor street looked like another building in the sprawling city of Zaragoza. It was the home of several families including the Palazon family, who lived on the second floor. That September morning a loud cackling reverberated throughout the otherwise quiet building. It was a maniacal laugh
- On a warm July day in 1924, five miners working the hillsides of Mt. St. Helens stumbled upon something otherworldly. An encounter with creatures that defied logic or reason. A chance encounter with tall, human-like ape men that stalked the miners. Communicating with chest-thumps and an eerie whistling, the “ape men” had been observing the
- Christina Boyer accepted a plea bargain in 1994 to avoid the possibility of a death sentence. Christina alongside her new boyfriend, David Herrin, was convicted over the death of her three-year-old daughter, Amber. Her case made headlines not just for the tragic death of her daughter, but because of Christina’s real name and who she
- It was the early 1800s, on the Greek island of Crete, where a shepherd was tending to his flock of sheep and goats one cloudy evening. The story goes that as the sun began to set, so did a storm. Finding himself miles away from his village, the shepherd took refuge in an abandoned church
- This story comes from a man named Andrew Dexter, whose family called the imposing structure their home in the late 1960s to the late 1970s. Like many cases of poltergeist activity, his life inside the Gladstone Villa was marred by unexplained phenomena. Ghostly images, disembodied footsteps and infant cries plagued the Welsh family of five.
- In July of 1878 the New York Times wrote an article titled “What a West Virginia Farmer Saw.” The article talked about a telegram that had come from a small town in Parkersburg, West Virginia and addressed to the Cincinnati Commercial Tribune in regards to a terrifying event witnessed by a couple of farmers
- When the still sea conspires an armor And her sullen and aborted Currents breed tiny monsters True sailing is dead Awkward instant And the first animal is jettisoned Legs furiously pumping Their stiff green gallop And heads bob up Poise Delicate Pause Consent In mute nostril agony Carefully refined And sealed over -Horse Latitudes, Poem
- In the southernmost region of the Indian Ocean, barren and Isolated in the vast dark waters sit a cluster of islands known as the Kerguelen Islands or commonly known as the Desolation Islands. A place on earth almost void of any land-dwelling creature and shaped by the stark freezing winds that howl across the landscape. In 1840 a team
This Norwegian Island Claims to be the Fabled Land of Thule Smithsonian MagazineF. Salazar’s article takes us on a journey of historical discovery and controversy with modern economic implications. The sometimes-lyrical piece chronicles the claims for Pytheas’ farthest northern spot where “the earth and sea and all things together are suspended,” and how the inhabitants of the island of Smola are themselves suspended between their rather insulated present status and the possibilities of ramped-up tourism. Among former visitors to Smola are a group about whom comes the astonishing news that the World’s Largest DNA Sequencing of Viking Skeletons Reveals They Weren’t All Scandinavian. “The history books will need to be updated,” concludes one contributor to a huge six-year international study of Viking remains. The findings upend traditional concepts of who the Vikings were and show how interconnected they were with other Eurasians. More light is being shed on a smaller pre-Viking conundrum as Archaeologists Unearth 3,000-Year-Old Hillfort Built By The Mysterious Votadini Tribe. Jocelyne LeBlanc covers the discovery of a remarkable construction atop the picturesque extinct Scottish volcano called “Arthur’s Seat.” (WM)
Before the Crop Circle There Was the “UFO Nest” Mysterious UniverseHappily not the sort that might contain alien eggs, but “saucer nests” found in Tully, Australia, in 1966. Nick Redfern takes a look back at this and other cases from down-under and then reminds us that Long Before Crop Circles There Were…Crop Circles! Looking back through some older accounts, he reads that in 1674 even the devil himself was scything circles in the English countryside. (LP)
UFO Exploitation: Targeting Children The Saucers That Time ForgotFlying Saucers were commercialized soon after they started hitting the headlines in 1947. Curt Collins has a lavishly-illustrated cavalcade of early buyables and media aimed at the younger set. Of particular interest is some 1950-style “fake news” in My Weekly Reader, for goodness’ sake, exemplary of the mind-set of the times. Nick Redfern makes more points supporting his controversial thesis that UFO, Mind-Altering Drugs, and a Secret Experiment were at the heart of the December 1980 Rendlesham Forest Incident. “Controversial” can’t begin to describe the weirdness in Flying Saucers and Giant Aliens Described in a Possible Declassified FBI File. Paul Seaburn has the entertaining story about “Memorandum 6751,” almost certainly a hoax, and Paul lays bare some of its problems. (WM)
The Day Bigfoot Stalked Workers in a Cornwall Forest Cornwall LiveThe jobs we’ve had in our younger years often have a special place in our hearts. The freedom, the simplicity, the run-ins with 7-foot-tall man-beasts…This British encounter from about 20 years ago ended harmlessly enough but we have to wonder how many Bigfoot were actually involved given the wood knocks described. It might have concluded differently if the witness’s ride had arrived a quarter hour later. Yet even as we add this to an enormous anecdotal collection of Sasquatch encounters, we still can’t prove the Hairy Guy is real. Nick Redfern explores this issue more in Bigfoot: Why Can’t We Get the Proof? He reaches a conclusion that is both incredible and yet entirely believable: We can’t find evidence of an enormous flesh and blood creature because Bigfoot is something else. He is Other, and until we adjust our expectations and methods to this possibility, we will never uncover usable proof. (CM)
NUFORC Data Shows Increase in Reported UFO Sightings Began Well Before Pandemic Shutdowns Singular ForteanTobias Wayland takes a closer look at information from Peter Davenport’s National UFO Reporting Center than did a Wall Street Journal article. Te-Ping Chen’s WSJ piece UFO Spotting Has Replaced Bird Watching as Pandemic Obsession does however emphasize the individual human element behind the numbers. Other studies note a large monthly spike in reports at the beginning of the Pandemic, followed by a fairly precipitous plunge, with some moderate recovery in those numbers since. Recent sightings include ‘Was it an Alien?’: Mysterious Lights in South Carolina Sky Spark UFO Debate, whose video “result is not doing justice to what they saw”; a Scottish example in UFO Mystery as ‘Craft’ Captured above Town by Largs Schoolgirl; and in Mexico: Amateur Observer Records UFO Over Mazatlan. Expert analysis might prove helpful in all three cases. (WM)
Retired Pilot From Nimitz Tic-Tac UFO Incident Talks About Mysterious UniversePaul Seaburn seizes upon a Cmdr. David Fravor remark about what he engaged in 2004 to “amp up” two points: that the “bogey” he faced likely didn’t come from an Earthly assembly line, and that the thing–or another “Tic Tac” like it–committed an “act of war.” The extensive Fravor dialogue with podcaster Dr. Lex Fridman at David Fravor #122 Lex Fridman is likely the most comprehensive source for Fravor’s life and personal views on a matter of related topics as well as his “take” on the Nimitz incident. Nick Redfern researches the history behind the “LGM” meme in Taking a Look at the “Little Green Men” Phenomenon. Regarding another favorite Refernian topic Nick asks about Roswell: Why Can’t We Get the Proof? He examines why each of the three military explanations won’t hold water, then considers why no “alien crash” documentation exists while there is some support for his thesis about a U.S. experiment gone awry. (WM)
The Pros and Cons of Filming Paranormal Encounters Haley Is A GhostHere are a pair of enlightening pieces illustrating some of the challenges faced by paranormal researchers. Hayley Stevens describes the pitfalls of capturing photographic evidence, providing a narrative of a personal comedy of errors and demonstrating the limitations of our ever-present cellphone cameras. Next, Nick Redfern describes how easily dots can be connected when an investigation’s outcome is decided ahead of the facts. In The Peril of the Paranormal: Putting Threads Together That Have No Real Connections he is quick to point out that this is a favorite tactic of conspiracy theorists. Keep this in mind the next time your neighbor warns you about microchips in vaccines. (CM)
Surprise Find! Thermal-Drones Spot Ancient Earthwork in Kansas Ancient OriginsThe second-largest pre-European settlement in North America is yielding more of its secrets thanks to drone-based imaging, says Ashley Cowie. Despite some issues, a video presentation about Etzanoa gives more details. Elizabeth Dohms-Harter offers an eye-opening article behind her assertion that Wisconsin’s Effigy Mounds Connected People to Spirits. The amazingly rich prehistory of “a sculpted land” and the loss of so much of those religious and artistic creations stand out here. Modern techniques are also helping Scientists Recreate Prehistoric Acoustics of Stonehenge, per David Keys. 3D printing a 2.5m diameter Stonehenge and studying the result in a sound laboratory produced several conclusions about the auditory properties of Stonehenge in its heyday, before 50% of its larger monoliths were lost. And another case of modern technology combatting the depredations of time and humanity is April Green’s Destroyed Ancient Temple Now Open for Virtual Exploration. The heartbreaking destruction of Palmyra’s Temple of Bel during the Syrian civil war has been somewhat mitigated by an interactive point-cloud digital tool created by UC San Diego. (WM)
Death and life are intertwined. Like Lazarus, people have been documented to arise from being clinically dead. I am very interested to know…what have these people experienced on the other side? This an interesting story found at mysteriousuniverse.org.
In a Rare Case of the Lazarus Syndrome, a Woman is Declared Dead Twice
That biblical passage comes from the story of Lazarus, who was brought back to life after being declared dead and buried four days before. Lazarus thus lent his name to any circumstance involving a person being brought back to life after being declared dead by a doctor or another person who knows the signs of death. While it’s popular in movie plots and novels, the so-called Lazarus Syndrome is extremely rare – only 37 cases have been verified worldwide since 1982.
Make that 38.
“The patient was certified dead at 10.30pm in GMSH.”
Dr. Dasari Harish, head of the forensic medicine department at the Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH)-32, told the Times of India that the case was discussed at a recent conference. Doctors at the Government Multispecialty Hospital (GMSH)-16 in Chandigarh (a city and a union territory in northern India) declared a 45-year-old female patient dead due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease – an inflammatory lung condition that obstructs breathing. Dr. Harish says the doctors followed proper protocols when determining the time of death at 10.30 pm and placed what they thought was a corpse in an ambulance three hours later to be transported to the home of her relatives for the funeral. However, “signs of vitality were noticed by the relatives while transporting her body,” said Harish.
“They immediately unpacked her and brought to our hospital at 5:58 am. We were not even informed that she had already been declared dead by the previous hospital. After resuscitation and treatment, she was declared dead at 7:30 am in GMCH.”
As Dr. Harish pointed out, the woman had been declared officially dead by other doctors following proper protocols. Yes, doctors have been known to close ranks when controversy occurs, but the Lazarus Syndrome muddies the saline solution here. According to a US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health report, the Lazarus syndrome or Lazarus heart or ‘autoresuscitation after failed cardiopulmonary resuscitation’, is the “the unassisted return of spontaneous circulation after cardiac arrest.” There is some thought that the heart could be stopped by pressure built up during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and the heart may start beating again after the pressure is relieved. According to the Emergency Medicine Journal, it may also occur due to high doses or adrenaline (epinephrine) or the recreational ingestion of high doses of heroin and ecstasy. It doesn’t appear that any of these were the case with the poor woman in India. So, what caused this 38th case of the Lazarus Syndrome?
“We found it evidently as the first case of Lazarus phenomena from India. There are no certain reasons, but it is believed that some lifesaving drugs giving for resuscitation have a prolonged effect and perhaps rarely some patients can again come back to life and die again within 2-3 hours.”
Needless to say, that ambulance will have plenty of lawyers chasing it from now on.
Any of us in the paranormal world of be it study, active study out in the field etc., that encounter person(s) that “throw of a bad vibe”, we need to listen to our inner voice of reason. In my encounters, I had the time to interview an individual on spiritual encounters both good and bad, that this person had repeatedly experienced. The interview then lead into very dark paths of conversation about those experiences.
The path had strewn into the demonic and satanic realms. I had become aware that I may have been being targeted for an attack by an entity that was very dark and hungry. How did I become aware? It was my inner voice of reason that went from a whisper to an outright shout that I needed to step back and away very quickly!
I had been given information about contacting that individual for more information. That right away had told me a physical point was trying to be established to allow this attack to start to take place. The information was discarded, I then felt a pressure being lifted off and away from me. The moral to this story is please be very aware of your environment around you, take the precautions to protect yourself and people in your group if you’re out in the field for research and fact finding outings etc.
Have you had experiences like this with other people? I would like to know. I will NOT publish your real name. But please do use the Report an experience form to share your experience(s) about this.
An investigator talks about the world of the paranormal and views of what it truly represents.
Have you had any encounters or sightings or vocals, even wood knockings you have experienced recently or in the past of what you suspected was Bigfoot? If so, please share them. All names, locations and so on WILL be held private if you don’t want to disclose them.
Too many people from all walks of life have had these experiences. For there not to be an as yet undiscovered and proven species of hominids, is hard to actually fathom as anything other than fairy tales, myths or legends. Please use the contact form below to share your experience(s). Again ALL information will be held confidential if you want.
Include the following if these apply: Date(s), times, location(s), any noticeable change in the local environment (No other animals making noise etc.) Any seen tree structures that do not fit in with the surroundings (Bent or oddly shaped that is not normally found in nature that would defy a human being have made it.) Any sign of “gifting”, i.e., rocks piled on top of each other and so on that was not done by other animals or people. If any or all applies to your experience(s), please fill out the following:
The Paranormal Log & Analysis Notebook Easily Track Investigations, Manage Evidence And Print Full Reports On Your Findings… At Last A User Friendly Solution For Managing All Aspects Of Your Investigations From Start To Finish.
You’ve Seen Them On Tv — Now Enter Their World. Learn Everything You Need To Know To Start Conducting Successful Ghost Hunts And Paranormal Investigations.
GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS & POLTERGEISTS:
12 creepy abandoned places you’ll probably find ghosts living in
Instead of going to that fake (but still great!) “haunted house” attraction that’s set up in your town, why don’t you go and seek out a real scary house? Behold, 12 super-creepy abandoned homes that are just begging to scare the living daylights out of you…
Ghost hunter claims 100% proof of paranormal activity at Sallie House of Kansas
Known as the most haunted house in America, the Sallie House has been widely reported to be a center for paranormal activity. After investigating the house several times from 2010-2013 and being face to face with extreme paranormal and demonic activity, Tim Wood, LiveSciFi.tv creator and lead ghost hunter, decided to visit the house again this Halloween season…
Top haunted destinations in the U.S
According to the National Retail Federation, 20.3 percent of Americans plan on visiting a haunted attraction this fall. Research further shows that many thrill-seekers carefully plan vacations and weekend getaways specifically around visiting America’s top haunted attractions…
Ghosts watching the lakes: Tales of haunted lighthouses
Still standing watch on the shores of the Great Lakes, Michigan’s lighthouses don’t have live-in keepers anymore, but stories say they don’t watch alone…
(Also read: Haunted Lighthouses and Their Ghosts)
Survey reveals 78% of Irish people believe in the supernatural
Irish folklore is steeped in tales of ghouls, ghosts and demons and our historical obsession with all things Supernatural remains as potent today. The poll also indicates that the Banshee is the most feared mythical creature with 44% of those surveyed revealing expressed their terror of the age-old phenomenon…
Paranormal expert plans new Loch Ness Monster hunt
A top paranormal expert is planning a return trip to the Highlands for his latest bid to track down the elusive Loch Ness Monster. Athens-based investigator Johnathan Bright snapped an infrared picture of a “monstrous head” coming out of the water on his first trip to Loch Ness in 2011…
Mythic and mystery beasts of Hawaii
Whereas other states of the U.S.A. have attracted considerable cryptozoological attention over the years, it is a strange yet true fact that Hawaii’s mythic and mystery beasts have received far less notice. The present article reveals the hitherto little-realized variety of anomalous wildlife reported from the 50th state…
Puppy-sized spider surprises scientist in rainforest
Piotr Naskrecki was taking a nighttime walk in a rainforest in Guyana, when he heard rustling as if something were creeping underfoot. When he turned on his flashlight, he expected to see a small mammal, such as a possum or a rat…
Psychic John Edward helps you harness your sixth sense
Edward, whose syndicated talk shows, Crossing Over with John Edward and John Edward Cross Country, has for more than 25 years brought a thought-provoking attitude to the world of psychic phenomena. And he says that what he does, we can all do, and that we all possess an ability towards psychic intuition…
LIFE AFTER DEATH:
Are these glimpses of the after-life?
Top brain surgeon who claims he saw heaven while in a coma reveals the stories of others who say they have had similar life-changing experiences. Neurosurgeon Dr Eben Alexander was convinced out-of-body experiences were hallucinations — until he went into a coma himself and had what he now believes was a glimpse of heaven…
TIME & SPACE:
UFO spotted above the moon’s surface: Explorers from another planet? (video)
UFO moves along the Moon above the surface as if it is scoping things out. Are other life forms exploring much like the folks on Earth are doing on Mars today with all the technology based on and around the red planet?…
Is it a bird, is it a plane? No – it’s a mystery man flying past an Airbus full of passengers
Pilots of Airbus 320 left stunned when a ‘flying man’ passed their aircraft. The man flew within 100 metres of the plane as it made its descent into Manchester Airport. There was no sign of him on the radar and neither pilot could see a canopy suspending him. There was also no sign of him on the radar and further checks failed to reveal any paragliders, parachutists or balloonists in the area at the time…
(Also read: Unsolved: Flying Humanoids)
ANGELS & DEMONS:
Clouds form a perfect angel in the sky – complete with halo
A woman playing with her children in the countryside was stunned to look up and see the shape of an angel perfectly-formed in the clouds – complete with halo…
No explanation for boom and debris field over Louisiana
A mysterious boom heard on Monday, October 13, at 4:30 pm over the ArkLaTex area (intersection of Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas) has still not been identified. Residents of Shreveport in the northwest corner of Louisiana described the sound as being similar to a sonic boom that was powerful enough to rattle walls and windows, knock objects off of shelves and in one case lift a couch off of the floor…
Mysterious spontaneous combustions return to Sicilian city
Things are suddenly catching fire for no apparent reason in the small Sicilian village of Canneto di Caronia. That was true in January of 2004 and it’s happening again today as residents report the spontaneous combustion of things like mattresses, beds, cars, unplugged appliances and switched-off cell phones…
(Also read: The Facts About Spontaneous Human Combustion)
The Earth’s magnetic field could flip within our lifetime
Earth’s magnetic field is constantly shifting, and roughly every 200,000 to 300,000 years it flips north and south completely. We’re currently overdue for a switcheroo—and scientists now say it could happen in a time as short as 100 years, potentially altering life in unexpected ways…
GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS & POLTERGEISTS:
CCTV captures ‘ghosts’ haunting Yorkshire antiques shop
Footage captured in the Barnsley Antiques Centre appears to show pictures suddenly falling off walls and a glass cabinet shattering. A white mist and a glowing orb are also spotted hovering over the shop floor…
Haunted house claims to offer ghostly experience
A San Antonio haunted house is said to offer visitors more than scares this Halloween season. Terror Mansion, located at 414 West Laurel, claims to offer a true paranormal experience. At the start of the 2014 Halloween season, visitors claimed to see an apparition in the form of a little person or small child in one of the back hallways…
The most haunted places in Atlanta
Atlanta is the most populated city in Georgia, but its residents are more than the living. The streets of Atlanta are said to be packed with roaming ghosts. Numerous are the haunted locations in this city, so below are the most haunted places in Atlanta…
Paranormal activity at the Hotel del Coronado: Have you seen Kate Morgan?
The venerable Hotel del Coronado, San Diego’s landmark Pacific resort, has been experiencing paranormal activity for as long as anyone can remember — and with good reason. With more than 125 years of history behind her, it’s no surprise that this Victorian masterpiece has had its share of ghostly guests…
GHOSTS, HAUNTINGS & POLTERGEISTS:
Ghosts in the attic or bats in the belfry?
Old wooden buildings can be full of drafts and creaks. Wind and weather make the wood contract and expand, causing all kinds of sounds and effects. But could unexpected occurrences in some of Townsend’s oldest buildings have another cause? Memorial Hall, built in 1894, is the newest public building that just might host a ghost…
The real ghosts of Sleepy Hollow
For centuries, one location in the United States has captivated the collective creepy imagination. Its mere mention is enough to mentally transport us to a moonlit dirt road in dark, creepy woods…
Black eyed child of Cannock Chase: Is this the first photograph ever of the infamous spectre?
Is this spooky snap the first time an infamous ghost known as The Black Eyed Child has been captured on camera? That’s the chilling claim of top psychic Christine Hamlett…
Port Douglas on yowie watch after close encounters with strange beasts
Port Douglas is on yowie watch after a man reported a terrifying run-in with an unknown creature last week. Sightings of yowies – or bunyips and quinkans, as they are known by Aboriginal people – have been reported since early European settlement and appear in ancient Australian cave paintings…
Can you guess how many Bigfoots there are in North America?
There are many ways to determine how squatchy a location is and one of them is based on the black bear population estimates. The BFRO method is to take the black bear population in an area and divide it by 68 and that should give you a estimate of the Bigfoot population…
Psychic scrubbers all the rage in New York
A new phenomenon has been sweeping through New York. Space clearers are also known as psychic scrubbers. Space clearers cleanse your home of undermining and enervating energy, bad vibrations and negative spirits…
LIFE AFTER DEATH:
South Shields woman’s text from the grave
A woman was horrified to receive a text message from her grandmother’s phone number – three years after her death. When Lesley Emerson died in 2011 some of her favourite things were buried with her, including her mobile phone. Sheri Emerson, of South Shields, said she found comfort in texting her but was stunned to get a reply, saying: “I’m watching over you”…
(Also read: Freaky Phone Calls)
As ubiquitous as Halloween celebrations are throughout the world, few of us know that the true origin of Halloween is a ceremony of honoring our ancestors and the day of the dead. A time when the veils between the worlds were thinner, and so many could “see” the other side of life. A time in the year when the spiritual and material worlds touched for a moment, and a greater potential exists for magical creation.
In ancient times, this day was a special and honored day of the year.
In the Celtic calendar, it was one of the most important days of the year, representing a mid point in the year, Samhain, or “summer’s end”. Occuring opposite the great Spring Festival of May Day, or Beltain, this day represented the turning point of the year, the eve of the new year which begins with the onset of the dark phase of the year.
And while celebrated by the Celts, the origin of this day has connections to other cultures as well, such as Egypt, and in Mexico as Dia de la Muerta, or the day of the dead.
The Celts believed that the normal laws of space and time were held in abeyance during this time, allowing a special window where the spirit world could intermingle with the living. It was a night when the dead could cross the veils and return to the land of the living to celebrate with their family, or clan. As such, the great burial mounds of Ireland were lit up with torches lining the walls, so the spirits of the dead could find their way.
Out of this ancient tradition comes one of our most famous icons of the holiday: the Jack-o-lantern. Originating from Irish folkfore, the Jack-o-lantern was used as a light for the lost soul of Jack, a notorious trickster, stuck between worlds. Jack is said to have tricked the devil into a truck of a tree and by carving an image of a cross in the tree’s trunk, he trapped the devil there. His pranks denied him access to Heaven, and having angered the devil also to Hell, so Jack was a lost soul, trapped between worlds. As a consolation, the devil gave him a sole ember to light his way through the darkness between worlds.
Originally in Ireland turnips were carved out and candles placed inside as lanterns lit to help guide Jack’s lost spirit back home. Hence the term: Jack-o-lanterns. Later, when immigrants came to the new world, pumpkins were more readily available, and so the carved pumpkins carrying a lit candle served the same function.
FESTIVAL FOR THE DEAD
As the Church began to take hold in Europe the ancient Pagan rituals were co-opted into festivals of the Church. While the Church could not support a general feast for all the dead, it created a festival for the blessed dead, all those hallowed so, All Hallow’s, was transformed into All Saints and All Souls day.
Today, we have lost the significance of this most significant time of year which in modern times has turned into a candy fest with kids dressing up as action heroes.
Many cultures have ceremonies to honor their dead. In so doing, they complete a cycle of birth and death, and keep in line with a harmony and order of the universe, at time when we enter into the cycle of darkness for the upcoming year.