Hollow Earth. The very title envisions exotic races thriving in vast cities below our very feet. Ancient peoples and unknown flora and fauna no surface dweller has ever seen before. Hollow Earth had also been a point of focus by the nazis regime as well, to gain new power for domination on a new level. Explorers have also made this fantastic place a priority over the years to prove this place actually exists. Below is a collection of links from many different sites with a good deal of very interesting information and more.
An encounter with strange creatures from underground cities
This planet still holds many mysteries, some that reach back to the dark, distant past and survive in the present as legends and folklore. Cultures around the world tell of beings that live inside the earth. Are they real or myth? Zephanaiah believes he actually encountered these beings on the island of Samoa, where he lives. This is Zephanaiah’s story.
I am a firm believer that the Pacific holds the keys to many of the earth’s still unsolved mysteries, ranging from the spiritual to the scientific. The Pacific should be explored. Many times I have read about beings from the “inner earth” or “hollow earth.” What if I were to tell you that an entrance into the hollow earth can be found right here on the various islands of Samoa?
Growing up here, we are told stories of two different types of beings, aitu and sauai. The aitu, or spiritual beings, are not typical ghosts. Some have been omens for good or bad. Some are sent to harm people, like a poltergeist would. Some have even been known to kill people who try to tamper with Mother Nature. They range in form from floating beings to tall shadow people.
The sauai, or ghoul/monster, were exactly those — monsters. These were things that mere words could not explain. They either flew, walked through walls, were a couple of stories tall (giants) or even dwarfs. The sauai had one purpose: to feed and cause havoc.
On Savai’i, the biggest Island of the Samoa Island Chain, our ancestors talked of the very gate or doorway to Hell being located on one of its coasts. The doorway was called Pulotu. These are where the restless souls of our ancestors and all the ancestors of Polynesia seek rest and refuge.
I was about 13 or 14 when my cousins and I stumbled into a cave many of us had only heard of off the cliff of a village called Pagai. Our grandparents always warned us about the cave and not to venture in to it. Only those who are from within are allowed to go in. If you are not one of them, you will not live to make it back out, we were told.
My cousins and I were night fishing when we came across this cave. Inside the cave was a strange neon blueish-green glow, like street racing lights. There was also this strange essence and scent, like someone was cooking and was caught by surprise. We were so excited. “Shall we go in?” my cousin asked.
His twin brother said, “No! Are you nuts? We don’t know what could be in there.”
I agreed with him. We were all the same age and if someone or something had attacked us, we were too young to fight off our attacker. So we all continued on the path to the reef.
As we got about 30 or 40 feet away, we could see a bluish-green figure leap out of the cave and into the water. This being had fins for feet and webbed hands. Its head was humanoid-like. We couldn’t make out a face because of the distance, but its eyes we would never forget. They were glowing bluish-green light. As it entered the water, we could follow how deep, how fast and where it was going. It traveled like a very big fish. It was gone just as soon as it hit the water.
We were all shocked by the speed it had under the water. It went from five or six feet deep water to 50 to 80 feet deep water in seconds. We could no longer see the lights from its eyes, so we headed back home.
That was crazy! What was that? We all talked about what we had seen. We were shocked and excited. Little did we know we were also being followed.
Our gas lantern was beginning to run out of gas and we were 30 yards from home. My cousin said, “Who keeps shining the flash light behind us?”
His twin and I were about to answer him when we noticed about 15 feet away from us in the water, the lights returned and were following us. We all stopped to see what it would do. It stopped. We moved, it moved. We all decided to run on the count of three. 1… 2… 3 — and we all darted and didn’t look back. All we could remember was the sound of something leaping out of the water and into an old foxhole from WWII, and a screech that sounded like a bat, except 100 times louder.
Out of breath, we all ran to our grandparents’ house. We were all gasping for air when our grandmother asked us what had happened. When we had told her what we had seen and where we had been, she was enraged. Then she calmed down and had a sense of concern as she spoke.
“Sons, that is what we were talking about,” she said. “You see, if you are not one of them, you might not make it alive. They have been underground for so long. They come out at night to hunt for food and return before the day breaks. They live deep in the cave you saw. They have a little city where they dwell. They do not take kindly to humans.
“When your grandfather and I were young, a group of us followed one of them into the cave. It looked like a shark had taken a bite out of it. Its blood was blue. It spoke a language none of us understood, let alone ever heard before. Its voice sounded like a bat in flight. We followed the blood trail about 200 to 300 yards when we came to a city. It was beautiful. They were everywhere. As soon as they could smell us, they made the cave fill with ocean water. We hurried out of there and none of us have been there since. Sons, do not go there again. Do you understand?”
“Yes, grandma,” we agreed.
Whenever we go into the mountains to get bananas or firewood, once in a while we would come across a campsite with seashells and bones. We would look at each other and say, “They were here.”
Want to know more about the hollow Earth theory?
Hollow Earth: The Long and Curious History of Imagining Strange Lands, Fantastical Creatures, Advanced Civilizations, and Marvelous Machines Below the Earth’s Surface lends a fascinating look into the hollow Earth theory. Does another race or races of creatures live below the surface of our planet? A theory that is filled with both fantastic ideas and some very real possibilities!
Some pretty interesting articles I cam across not long ago…
Who cares about parapsychology?
Most psychology professors, people who work in a field related to parapsychology, are quite skeptical of psychic phenomena. The same is true of biologists, physicists, and others involved in the physical sciences. They do not put much credence in the claims of things like telepathy, clairvoyance or telekinesis. Many psychology students, however, are not so skeptical – they tend to believe that these phenomena are real…
Photos show mystery skeleton sticking out of iceberg off N.L. east coast
Marine scientists in Canada and abroad are puzzled by bizarre photographs that appear to show the skeleton of a large mammal jutting out of an iceberg that recently drifted past Newfoundland’s east coast. The six pictures show what looks like a brown rib cage and spinal column, slightly bent, sticking out of a crust of ice…
The alien underground base meme has infected the UFO community since the mid-1980s. Paul Bennewitz (a name you should know by now) wrote hundreds of letters to researchers and government officials about this issue and is generally regarded as the first to mention the subject…
Out of the minds of babes
The ordinary observer might assume that the thoughts of Rainen Solomon, a burbling 17-month-old in powder-blue shorts, hew to basics, like “hungry” and “very hungry.” Derek Ogilvie, a.k.a. the Baby Mind Reader, is picking up more complicated signals…
Hutchison Effect caught on tape in high def
Vlad: I was just at John’s apt/laboratory with a camera crew for new TV series I’m co-producing and hosting. We shot for over 7 hours, in High Def, and captured some extraordinary footage…
The Stonehenge flying saucer
While there are many theories explaining (or trying to) the Stonehenge megaliths and site, an almost obvious interpretation is that the initial creators of Stonehenge (circa 8000 B.C.) were emulating the craft that brought them or provided “supplies” to them, much in the way that the Cargo Cult peoples emulated World War II aircraft they had seen delivering supplies in the Pacific…
Sinister dirigibles over Russia
Strange, cigar-shaped objects have been seen in the sky over Russian cities, villages, testing grounds, battlefields, forests, and secret installations. Surely many observations have been lost in the whirlwind of history; however, the author has been able to collect some striking reports…
Campers thought dying man was astral travelling
A man who died from extreme dehydration after an outback purification ritual was not given immediate medical help because fellow campers believed he was astral travelling, a coronial inquest has heard…
“Ghosts are real”: Book documents the haunts at Capay Cemetery
We met Patty Zloczewski at the Capay Cemetery. It was early evening and there was no reason to be scared. The sun was setting and the mourning doves were calling. But the shadows were growing long. “Ghosts are real,” Patty said as we slowly made our way to the back of the cemetery grounds, away from the entrance and the little-traveled county road.
Psychic predicts earthquake in LA!
Insomniacs who believe in UFOs, doomsday, and the paranormal may be familiar with George Noory, late night talk show host of Coast to Coast AM. Noory was seduced by a recent email from one of his listeners who is predicting the Big One this month, and interviewed the guy on the air. Apparently, our clairvoyant spoke to a spirit who has the inside dirt, and told him to expect a 6.5-8 earthquake this month…
Do you believe in the existence of Bigfoot?
“Do I think Bigfoot exists? Well at this time right now … sometimes. I’m not going to say that I haven’t watched those shows on the Discovery Channel about Bigfoot, aliens, and the Loch Ness monster, because I have. Numerous times. And most of the time, after my eyes being glued to the TV for an hour, I end up believing that such a creature or creatures do exist for the rest of the day…
Survey: almost 60% say Sasquatch unsnatchable
The Anomalist today published their analysis of the survey results from 449 people who filled out a web-based questionnaire that took 15 to 30 minutes to complete in March…
Circular patterns growing on moss confuse scientists
A mysterious circular pattern on moss-covered logs has scientists scratching their heads. Last winter, researchers in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park discovered the symmetrical bull’s-eye pattern on patches of liverwort (a close relative of moss) growing on pine trees that had died and fallen on the ground…
Bones of unknown animal unearthed
The forests of the Sunderbans conceal many mysteries. It has now thrown up a new challenge to zoologists in the form of the remains of an ‘unknown’ animal that was accidentally unearthed by a farmer and his daughter on May 26…
Bigfoot search begins afresh
“Gigantic, hairy, ape-like…” was all that Abu Marak could utter in between gasps for breath. Surrounded by villagers in the safety of his house near Durabanda in the West Garo Hills, Abu’s eyes still mirrored the excitement of spotting the animal. Within a few days, Abu’s account, coupled with those of a few other villagers, became the raw material for a renewed scientific search for the legendary Big Foot – mande burung in Garo…
Two mysterious grass circles in Mission, Kansas
Something has really knocked the heck out of the energy in the larger circle – and somewhat in the smaller circle…
Dispelling ghostly images with electromagnets
In a study investigating how the brain generates paranormal experiences and psychotic states, researchers used strong electromagnets to alter brain function and found they could reduce the number of times healthy volunteers saw spontaneously experienced false perceptions…
A sound way to turn heat into electricity
University of Utah physicist Orest Symko holds a match to a small heat engine that produces a high-pitched tone by converting heat into sound. Symko’s research team is combining such heat engines with existing technology that turns sound into electricity, resulting in devices that can harness solar energy in a new way, cool computers and other electronics.
THE ALLIES ARE closing in. Berlin is crumbling under the weight and impact of hundreds of Allied bombs. Deep in his fortified bunker, Adolf Hitler, once unshakable in his confidence in Nazi world domination, now admits that defeat is at hand. But Hitler is determined never to suffer the humiliation of being captured by his enemies.
There is only one escape route – one he has planned for should he ever face just such a turn of events. Suicide is out of the question. Instead, Hitler and his corps of elite traverse through an underground tunnel to an isolated airstrip. There they board an unmarked plane and fly south. South to the pole. To the opening at the South Pole where they will enter the hollow Earth and disappear from history.
Based in fact
This alternate scenario to history is actually accepted as fact by some proponents of the hollow Earth theory. And as incredible as it sounds, the genesis of this story lies in some facts that carry some merit: some of Hitler’s top advisors – perhaps even Hitler himself – believed that the Earth was hollow; and there was at least one expedition by the Nazi military to exploit that belief for strategic advantage during the war.
As with all such stories, it’s often difficult to sort out facts, exaggerations, and outright fabrications. But it’s an intriguing tale, and one that requires a little background.
There are several hollow Earth theories. The most prevalent one holds that there are great but hidden openings at both the North and South poles, and that it is possible to enter those holes. Some – including the respected Admiral Byrd – claimed to have entered those holes. According to the legends, other civilizations live within the Earth on it’s inner surface, warmed and lit by an interior sun. The idea has inspired novels by Edgar Allen Poe (MS Found in a Bottle), Edgar Rice Borroughs (At the Earth’s Core), and Jules Verne (A Journey to the Center of the Earth).
A second theory, call the “inverted Earth” theory, claims that we – our civilization – actually exists on the inside of the globe. We are held fast to the ground not by gravity, but by centrifugal force as the Earth rotates. The stars, so goes the theory, are twinkling chunks of ice suspended high in the air, and the illusion of day and night is caused by a rotating central sun that is half brilliant, half dark. Cyrus Teed, an alchemist from Utica, N.Y., was one of the first people to popularize this idea. So obsessed was he with the idea that he founded a religion based on it, changed his name to Koresh, and established a commune for Koreshanity in Chicago in 1888. In Germany, independently of the Koreshans, another group also was founded that adhered to the inverted Earth idea, and it was this concept that was accepted by some segments of the Nazi hierarchy.
The scenario told at the beginning of this article accepts one hollow Earth theory, while the facts seem to show that some Nazis actually believed in the other.
Hitler’s Nazis were convinced that they were destined to rule the world, and they came to this warped conclusion through the acceptance of many occult beliefs and practices, including astrology, the prophecies of Nostradamus, and the hollow/inverted Earth theory… hohlweltlehre.
Because they suspected that our surface is on the interior of a concave Earth, Hitler sent an expedition, including Dr. Heinz Fischer and powerful telescopic cameras, to the Baltic island of Rugen to spy on the British fleet. Fischer did so not by aiming his cameras across the waters, but by pointing them up to peer across the atmosphere to the Atlantic Ocean. The expedition was a failure, of course. Fischer’s cameras saw nothing but sky, and the British fleet remained safe.
Escape to Antarctica
Then there’s the legend… that Hitler and many of his Nazi minions escaped Germany in the closing days of World War II and fled to Antarctica where at the South Pole they had discovered an entrance to the Earth’s interior. According to the Hollow Earth Research Society in Ontario, Canada, they are still there. After the war, the organization claims, the Allies discovered that more than 2,000 scientists from Germany and Italy had vanished, along with almost a million people, to the land beyond the South Pole.
This story gets more complicated with Nazi-designed UFOs, Nazi collaboration with the people who live in the center of the Earth, and the explanation for “Aryan-looking” UFO pilots.
While the evidence for either hollow Earth theory is close to nil (although some folks claim to have proof in the form of photos), the story involving Nazis, war, and the romance of exploratory adventure sounds like the makings of a great Indiana Jones story. In fact, it is! In the novel Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth by Max McCoy, Indy comes into the possession of a mysterious journal hinting at the existence of an underground civilization that he and the Nazis race to find. The fate of the world – hollow or not – is in Indy’s hands!
There is something fundamentally and primally mysterious about caves and tunnels. Maybe it’s their darkness or the fact that they open into the very body of the Earth. They are invariably the subjects of adolescent adventure stories, such as the Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew mysteries, and R.L. Stine’s books. And they serve as backgrounds in exciting stories directed at older audiences as well, such as Jules Verne’s A Journey to the Center of the Earthand the Indiana Jones films. Tunnels represent the unknown and touch the fears that reside deep in the primitive human subconscious.
I’ve come across several sites on the Web that tell what some believe are true stories of vast underground networks of tunnels. And they are no less mysterious and fantastic than those used as settings in the fictional tales mentioned above. It’s not that the tunnels merely exist and are unknown to most people, it’s what they contain, who built them, and why – and that takes us into the deepest recesses of the unknown.
People who claim to have first- or second-hand knowledge or experience with these tunnels make many astonishing claims: that they contain long-lost cities; that they are inhabited by advanced civilizations – perhaps the descendents of Atlantis; that they are bases for extraterrestrials and their flying saucers; that they are bases for secret government installations. The government no doubt has top-secret military installations deep within mountains and perhaps underground, but this, of course, is the least fantastic of the stories.
Here are highlights of some of the more extraordinary claims. Since these stories come without photos or any other kind of verification, consider them skeptically. In any case, they are fascinating.
Grand Canyon Mystery
The April 5, 1909 edition of The Phoenix Gazette carried a story entitled “Explorations in Grand Canyon.” According to the article, a man named G.E. Kinkaid made an astonishing discovery while on an expedition, sponsored by the Smithsonian Institute, in the Grand Canyon. Among his findings:
- A mammoth chamber about 1,480 feet underground from which radiates dozens of passageways “like the spokes of a wheel.”
- Several hundred rooms, some of which contain artifacts such as weapons and copper instruments of a kind that have never been known to be native to the Americas.
- A crypt containing mummies – all adult males – wrapped in a bark fabric.
- A shrine containing a Buddha-like idol sitting cross-legged with a lotus flower in each hand.
- Stone tablets on which are carved mysterious Egyptian-like hieroglyphics.
The article also mentions a legend of the Hopi Indians that says their ancestors once lived in an underworld in the Grand Canyon.
Crumf Burial Cave
In 1892, Frank Burns of the U.S. Geological Survey reported that he found strange coffins in the Crunf Cave along the southern branch of the Warrior River in Murphy’s Valley, Alabama. The wooden coffins appeared to be hollowed out by fire, then chiseled with stone or copper tools. Each coffin was 7.5 feet long, 14 to 18 inches wide, and 6 to 7 inches deep. The lids were open on each empty coffin. The specimens were sent to the Smithsonian, which suggested the coffins might actually be troughs. In any case, the museum lost the artifacts.
Tunnel Network Under California
According to an article entitled “California Floats On Ocean?” in the Fall 1985 edition of Search magazine, a high-ranking but unnamed Naval officer told of the discovery of a huge network of tunnels under portions of the west coast of the U.S. He said that U.S. nuclear submarines had explored some of these tunnels, which are accessible just off the continental shelf, and had followed them inland for several hundred miles. Here are more highlights of this incredible claim:
- What is being passed off as the San Andreas Fault are actually large, unsupported chambers that are in the process of collapsing.
- A well-known U.S. Nuclear submarine lost its way in one of the passages and was never heard from again. (Two U.S. nuclear submarines have disappeared under mysterious circumstances – the U.S.S. Thresher and the U.S.S. Scorpion.)
- Some of California is actually floating on the ocean. When oil companies began pumping oil from beneath the city of Long Beach, it began to sink – up to 26 feet before the pumping was stopped.
More and More Tunnels
The above story was written up in a long article called “The Underground Empire,” which reveals many more details. It also offers these other fascinating accounts:
- A couple from Bishop, Calif. discovered a circular hole in the ground while exploring for petroglyphs. They climbed down the hole which bottomed out to a horizontal corridor. On one of the walls was carved a face out of the mouth of which poured water. Suddenly the water started to gush out of the face and from other openings, and the couple was forced to abandon the tunnel. Later, both recalled that they heard music down there.
- In West Virginia, workers found some caverns with strange hieroglyphics written on the walls. They also claimed to gear faint voices and what sounded like machinery coming from beyond the walls of the cavern.
- Two men searching for bat guano (which has some value as fertilizer) at the foot of Mount Lassen found a deep cave. They followed it inside for a mile or two and noticed that the floor was worn smooth, as if it had been used for a road. Eventually they met three strange “men” who asked if they are “surface people,” and then took them deeper in the cave on an electromagnetically powered hovercraft. The story gets stranger from there.
- Travelers Ferdinand Ossendowski and Nicholas Roerich claim to have discovered a subterranean society below central Asia, which they referred to as Agharta or Agharti. They say it is home to 20 million people, and their civilization extends throughout all the subterranean passages of the world.
- A 12-man speleological team broke into an ancient tunnel system in northern Arkansas and encountered the inhabitants of the subsurface world.
- Exploring another cave in Arkansas, just north of Batesville, explorers found a tunnel illuminated by a greenish phosphorescence where they met a race of beings who stood 7 to 8 feet tall and had bluish skin. The beings, who have advanced technology, told the explorers they are the direct descendents of Noah.
Brazil is said to have many entrances to an underground world. Several people claim to have proof:
- Two explorers returning from tunnels near Ponte Grosse in Brazil say they spent five days in an underworld city inhabited by 50 adults and some children.
- The same two explorers found another tunnel entrance in Rincon and saw luminous flying saucers going in and out, and heard beautiful choral singing.
- An old man living near Concepiao told how he had visited a vast underground city where strange vehicles darted back and forth.
- An explorer looking through a tunnel near Rio Casdor met a beautiful woman who appeared to be about 20 years old, but told the explorer she was 2,500 years old.
Pretty far-out stuff, huh? There is, of course, no proof to verify any of these stories, and the explorers always seem to lose or forget where the exact entrance to these caves and tunnels are. Some of the stories may have a basis in fact, but most are certainly tall tales, exaggerations, or outright fabrications. But they fortify our fascination with strange caves and tunnels. They make me, at least, want to go exploring in them. And who knows what would be found!
Consider the possibility of another realm actually right underneath our very feet!
United States Patent 1096102:
“The Hollow Earth Theory”
On November 25, 1912 Marshall B. Gardner of Aurora, Kane County, Illinois, USA, submitted his discovery application to the United States Patent Office. 18 months later, on May 12,1914, this federal agency granted Mr. Gardner United States patent 1096102, the second most important scientific document ever issued. Its scientific significance is exceeded only by the mechanical flight discovery of Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903. For reasons which even Mr. Gardner could not have fully anticipated in the early 1900s, and which are now abundantly clear, his discovery soon became the most highly classified military secret of all time.
Here is a list of the wide range of evidence which we will now present to the un- believing outer earth visitors who want to know why they have never heard about the Hollow Earth before, and feel that they have been somewhat left out.
* All planets are spheres, not only the Earth: the Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, the Sun itself
* Standard planetary formation theories: how were they formed, what made them spin, and still does: completely woowoo
* A massive planetary body with an incandescent and progressively cooling core would crack into pieces while cooling and shrinking
* Gaseous planetary bodies like the sun and the large planets of our solar system can not generate a magnetic field; but they all have one
* All the solar system’s outer planets emit more energy than they receive from the sun
* A spinning planetary body in formation has zero gravity in its center, so mass does accumulate where gravitational and centrifugal forces are balanced within the area of the spinning matter, and that form would be a sphere with openings at the top and bottom, like a hurricane of matter in space – not as a solid body with a solid center (the center has zero gravity)
* If planets were formed from cosmic dust which started to condense into a body like Earth, then the angular momentum would still continue to increase, which it doesn’t – the earth’s spin is steady, not slowing down or speeding up
* Larger planets with more mass should spin more slowly than smaller planets with less mass – but they don’t: the largest, Jupiter, spins a lot faster (once every 10 hours) than Mercury, which is just a tiny fraction the size of Jupiter and needs 58 Earth days for one spin around its axis
* Both Earth and Moon ring hollow for hours after struck with meteorites, as measured by seismic stations on Earth and on the Moon* Earthquakes do not occur deeper than 450 miles, but down there, the supposedly molten magma would not create and release friction via earthquakes – a viscous or molten mass equalizes tension, it does not accumulate tension because it is flexible
* Gravity experiments in mine shafts show that the balls pointing to the center of gravity point away from the center of the Earth, instead of towards it, as measured by the distance at the top and bottom of two lead balls hanging from very long wires into a mine shaft
* … Odd …” would inspector Clouseau say
Observations at the Earth’s poles: welcome to Mr. Woo’s pole anomalies
* The temperature, as one gets past a certain latitude, increases as one approaches the poles, which is not supposed to happen; arctic (and in less cases, antarctic) explorers have reported in their ship’s logs to have taken off their climate gear (this was before Goretex)
* Floating flora and fauna near the northern polar region’s ocean: seeds, flowers and trees are found at latitudes where none should be, and they are often very fresh, not decomposed from many months of floating in the ocean currents that might have brought them from far away
* Spiders, bees, mosquitos, moths and flies were found once past the cold and icy region below the north pole; northern Greenland is the mosquito capital of the world
* Many bird species in the northern hemisphere migrate north – before winter; birds in the southern hemisphere migrate south in their winter, too – if the poles are the coldest regions, it makes no sense, but flocks of millions of birds like the auk have been observed doing this, and they must have a very good reason
* Presence of seal, auk, goose, seagull, duck, rabbit, wolf, fox, bear and other large animals at extreme northern latitudes (the exploration of Antarctica is much more scarce compared to Arctic explorers)
* The origin of icebergs: around the north pole, they are made of frozen sweetwater – not frozen saltwater. There is little if any precipitation of rain or snow (sweetwater) in the polar regions. Saltwater freezes to sea ice at low enough temperatures. There is no supply of sweetwater to explain the existence of icebergs which are hundreds of feet high, up to hundreds of miles long and dozens of miles wide* Icebergs around the north pole are colored by red pollen of an unknown plant, as well as dust – a lot of it; including earth material on top of them
* Massive wave-like or tidal movements in the arctic polar region have been witnessed by many explorers, waves which cracked and moved the ice floes around the explorer’s ships in a very, very major way that had their hair stand on end
* Floating and deposited driftwood (including exotic species) is extremely abundant and sometimes stacked 15 feet/5m high along the coasts in the polar region of Spitzbergen and Greenland, up to 86 degrees latitude north
* Mammoth, elephant, woolly rhinoceros, hippopotamus, lion and hyena have been found in the ice from the north pole that is also deposited on the coasts of Siberia; entire forests of mammoth ivory have been found there
* The stomach content of (un)frozen mammoth has been found to contain tropical (undigested) plants that do not occur anywhere in the northen polar region; supposedly, the last time the mammoths were clomping around was during the last Ice Age (not the Pixar animation films 1, 2 or 3), but many were found with their (un)frozen meat good enough to give it to the sled dogs in Siberia for dinner (or late lunch) [Note from the editor: If these mammoths came out of Inner Earth via the huge freshwater rivers that flow outwards and freeze as they pass the northern polar opening, then the theory of a massive crustal shift of the Earth which supposedly transported mammoths who had been peacefully chomping on tropical plants way up north, in two days, causing them to insta-freeze as a result of a polar reversal, has one argument less; see Charles Hapgood, Maurice Cotterell, Patrick Geryl, Clif High and others]
Instrument Anomalies at the Earth’s poles
* Approaching the magnetic pole, the compass needle points down towards the dial – and passing the “horizon”, where the surface or Earth curves inward at the poles, like an apple into its center, only much more pronounced – the compass needle starts pointing up, behaving now like a vertical and not a horizontal instrument
* The magnetic north pole is not a specific point, it is a large area around the geographic north or south poles, which do not exist as solid points on a surface, they are points in empty space; magnetic and geographic poles have a different axis, as you know; the compass stops working in a horizontal plane, and actually indicates the location of a magnetic “pole” over a vast area. You can circle the area around the geographic pole and always get a “north” readingwith the compass. In short, there is no specific point, but an area where magnetic “north” or “south” is shown with a compass